Friday, November 16, 2007

Up by the bootstraps

It's been a long, hard week and Nonna and Pops can't get here soon enough (less than 16 hours until their plane lands!). I promise to post more regularly next week while I have help here.

As a Friday treat, though, I thought I'd post a video that explains part of the reason I haven't posted all week. You see, I've been running interference between the ground and Jack's head. Since Tuesday night Jack has been pulling up on everything he can nonstop. As you can see, he goes from laying to standing in just seconds, and this video is not at all atypical of his style. You have to love his penchant for drama--I'm especially fond of the exhausted heavy breathing around second 15 of this clip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The best part is the triumphant yet barbaric yawp at the end. Really puts a nice cap on the amazing effort.

Granny said...

Delightful...I always watch the video or scout out the pictures first. Then, I read the blog. At the end of the clip, I found myself clapping! He gets more adorable as time goes on. Lots of hugs and smooches from us for this feat.

Now it's time for Jack's mommy to get some pampering from Jack's mommy's mommy. Enjoy your visit.

Hugs,
Grammy and Granddad