Thursday, December 6, 2007

Overtime overload

I'm urging Ben to quit his job immediately after seeing a horrible story on CNN yesterday afternoon. A Japanese widow was describing how her husband died from being overworked, complaining that some months he worked up to 100 hours of overtime in his job as a middle manager at Toyota. Ironically, after sending this story to Ben, he then didn't get home from work yesterday until 6 a.m. this morning. If things continue the way they have the past few days, Ben will come dangerously close to working 100 hours of overtime this week.

This afternoon I called Ben and reminded him about 1) the incident with Ernesta's brother and 2) the time I almost got fired from campaign work for calling my boss several expletives and asked him why he was going to make us lose all our campaigns (long story that basically boils down to him not listening when I said he shouldn't do something that would and did hurt Dad's campaign). I then told Ben that if he wasn't home by 10:30 tonight, I would call and yell at the partner who has been making him work so late. My wonderful husband walked through the front door at 10:25 this evening.

1 comment: