Monday, January 7, 2008

A tally sheet

The good: Jack is doing some amazing new tricks.  He claps when you say, "clap, clap, clap."  He apparently recognizes the sign language motion for milk because when I did it the other day, he immediately spat out his binkie and slow-mo staggered toward my chest with arms outstretched while giggling in anticipation.  Walk while holding on to furniture ("cruising" in child development parlance) is really easy for him now, and he's starting to take risks by reaching across larger and larger divides.  And we spent half of the day today following each other through all the rooms of our flat today on all fours, which was great fun for both of us.


The bad: Jack awoke from his morning nap with a blister-like sore on the top of his lip, and I'm not quite sure where it came from or how to deal with it.  Sometime this afternoon he must have bumped his head, because he has a painful-looking bruise near his left temple.  The unnerving thing is that even though he had a few small falls today (as always with this daredevil, learning to walk baby), I don't really know how he got the bruise, because I didn't think he fell near a corner and I don't know what else could have given him such a small but intense bruise.  Oh, and Jack also now know how to stand in his highchair, so he's no longer safe alone in it for long enough for me to even cross the room--I have to be right beside him at all times.

The ugly: Last night I saw every hour of the clock except 3.  Yep, that's at least 11 wakes.  Andrea Grace is on speed dial. 

1 comment:

M&A said...

I believe I speak for the rest of your 1400 readers when I say that we're dying to know whether Andrea Grace is the miracle worker we'd hoped!