Friday, January 16, 2009

Best Idea EVER!

So I got an email from my liberal stay-at-home mommy friend Rachel this morning with the most clever idea ever--she's having an Inauguration Playdate!  And I quote, "I will get some pizza and I have a bottle of champagne still in the fridge so we can sip on that (not too much so you can safely drive the kids)."  Truly brilliant.  An historic, fantastic event that I'm so excited about becomes even more exciting because I'll be able to better communicate this excitement and hopefulness to Jack while he's surrounded by his ultimate celebratory treat combo of playmates and pizza.  I'll be sure to post pictures Tuesday afternoon.


On a slightly frustrating note, yes, that's still "liberal stay-at-home mommy friend" singular, much to my dismay.  And she's headed back to work soon, so it will be a null set in short order.  I've made great progress on the totality of progressive-minded friends we have here, but adding to the ranks of those who can meet up for daytime, weekday playdates (true sanity savers) has been slow going.  Here's to hoping Madeline's new baby brother or sister (due any day now!) is a portable sleeper and their momma Neesha recovers quickly so we can make the most of her maternity leave together! ;-)

No comments: