Thursday, October 25, 2007

Godmother Melanie

called this afternoon at a very opportune time, when I was really feeling like talking to someone but not sure if any of you back home were up yet. So in appreciation of that, today's picture is an old but good one of her holding Jack in Rome right after his baptism.


Also, here's one of our first ones of Jack, before he even had his first bath. I was thinking this afternoon as he took a (too short) nap on my chest that I can't believe that only six months ago he fit inside me. Unbelievable.
No new pics because the battery on the camera is taking its sweet time recharging.

Today's development was that Jack has now figured out how to make his Leap Frog counting maracas work (by the way, I don't do underlining, so anything underlined is a hyperlink.), so he's getting regular exposure to the numbers 1-10 and colors of the rainbow in both English and Spanish.

4 comments:

M&A said...

Woo hoo I made the blog!!! =)
It was wonderful to talk to you this morning. I hope you and the union of Jack get this strike business resolved soon. We're thinking about you!

Granny said...

It's hard to believe how much Jack has grown since May. In the picture with Melanie, we can hardly see his head above the carrier. Now he is grinning like such a big boy.

We're always here for you...no matter how early it is in the morning or late at night. Please feel free to call and wake us up. A visit with you and Jack would be a nice addition to our day!

Nonna said...

I found the Leap Frog Maracas in a store over the weekend. They are so much fun, I would love to see Jack playing with them.

Unknown said...

You know, if he's figured out how those maracas work, and the age range of those is 6 months to 3 years, that means he's in like the top 4% of babies in figuring that out, I think. He's a genius! I've obviously taught him well in our highly advanced phone conversations (I think I mooed in the last one).